Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Sometimes we have fun in class

I know I'm here in a program to learn Korean, but I appreciate it so much more when we take fun breaks and can learn in fun ways. It was our classmate Manon's birthday this past week, so our teacher let us have a little party while we were reviewing for our quiz that day.

First we sang Happy Birthday in Korean - "생일 축하합니다" (saengil chukahamnida).

Then our teacher made a stack of snack cakes called "Oh Yes" (yup, that's the real name) and lit some candles. That's a common thing to do, except usually with Choco Pies.

Blowing out the candles!

We went to a cooking class in Edae one day this week for our culture class. We made 해물 파전 (haemul pajeon, seafood and green onion pancake) and 닭찜(dakjjim, braised chicken and vegetables). It was so delicious!

Making haemul pajeon...mmm...

Cooking chicken for the dakjjim

I like Korean pancakes!

Getting my mixing on.

Eating the fruits of our labors with class and teammates Carrie and Kinga.

Still eating with another class/teammate Taylor.

Even in all our fun, we still have to take tests. Here's the last quiz I took. 30/30!


One day our teacher asked us who our favorite celebrity was without explaining why. We didn't find out for a few days when our teacher showed up with these little beauties:

We got to role-play as celebrities in order to practice asking each other if they wanted to do different activities together. Why yes, that is Lee Kwang Soo 이광수 on my head.

I was Sarah's celebrity Lee Kwang Soo 이광수, and she was my favorite: Sung Si Kyung 성시경.


Charlie was not as excited to be Sung Si Kyung.

This past Friday, we attended a special lecture by an American professor at Seoul National University who rebuilt his own hanok (한옥), or Korean traditional home. Before the lecture, I noticed these guys in another class having a special moment:

Sharing earbuds = BFF


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

MoM said...

Don't think that I even have to ask what your favorite class is. Cooking class and eating the "fruits of your labors"! Congrats on the perfect score on your test!

SSS said...

I think we had those pancakes once in Payson, right? They were good! That chicken looked so good! Dorthy-I'm serious-you have to cook for us when you get home!

Post a Comment